Hi, I'm Patrick Ambron, co-founder & CEO of BrandYourself.com.
Patrick Ambron's Bio:
Patrick Ambron is the CEO and Founder of BrandYourself.com, which helps individuals clean up, protect and improve their online reputation and online privacy. Some of their more popular features include social media cleanup tools, removing personal information from data brokers, finding and deleting old accounts, and many others. They also help customers deal with other issues that happen on the web, like removing non-consensual pornography for victims of revenge porn. In an age of cyberbullying, revenge porn, inadequate online privacy laws, they see themselves as building a modern day life-lock--one that helps consumers navigate many of the unintended consequences of the web so people can feel secure and in control online.
Patrick is recognized as a leading expert in online reputation management, Search Engine Optimization and online privacy. In 2011, his company was named New York's # 1 Emerging Technology Business, making his team the youngest company ever to win the $200K prize. He was recognized by the White House as one of the Empact 100 Top CEO's under 30, named Young Entrepreneur of the year by the SBA, and most recently, named to Inc Magazine's top 35 under 35.
Patrick has led BrandYourself to secure over $7 million in venture capital and grow to over 100 full time employees. They were recently named the the overall StartUp winner at SXSW. His ideas on Online Reputation and business have been featured on Fox News, ABC News, CBS News, HuffingtonPost, FastCompany, Mashable, TechCrunch, New York Post, WSJ, the NYTimes, PandoDaily, US News & World, and many others. Patrick is recognized as a thought leader in the new media landscape and co-developed the new media curriculum at the #1 School of Information studies in the U.S. at Syracuse University. Some Highlights:
- Appeared on SharkTank and turned down the largest deal ever given by an individual shark (at the time)
- Appeared on Dragons Den and received largest valuation ever given on show
- Volunteer at program Getting out and Staying out, meant to help at risk youth individuals avoid the criminal justice system
- Instructor at places like General Assembly and guest lecturer at places like Columbia business school
- Mentor/advisor through the Syracuse Blackstone Launchpad program and the Syracuse Student Sandbox
- Owner of best dog in the world
- Recreational soccer and friends trivia champion
- CBS Interview
- FOX Interview
- CNET Interview
- Patrick Ambron Youtube
- ABC Interview
- Patrick Ambron BrandYourself Blog
- Inc. Magazine: Top 35 Entrepreneurs Under 35
- Small Business Association: 2011 Young Entrepreneur Award
- The Agency100 List: Fastest Growing Online Reputation Management Company
- The White House: Top 100 Young Startups in the U.S.
- Entrepreneur Magazine: Top 5 Collegiate Startup
- SXSW Accelerator Competition: Best Bootstrapped Startup at SXSW
- PCWorld: Top 5 Hottest Web Apps at SXSW
Patrick is a prolific speaker on the topics of Reputation Management, SEO, Growth Hacking, & Entrepreneurship. Sample keynotes include:
- How to Start a Venture & Land Investors
- Building a Startup Outside a Major Market
- 10 Ways to Put Your Best Foot Forward Online
See Patrick Speak:
- #140cuse: How to Pitch to Investors
- Georgetown University: Starting Your Venture
Past Speaking Clients Include:
Dublin Web Summit
Everywhere Else Con
Johns Hopkins University
Rochester Institute of Technology
Real Estate Connect
- StartFast Demo Day
Teaches classes at General Assembly
Patrick Ambron's Experience:
Official Member at Ad Age CollectiveOctober 2018 - Present | New York, NY
Mentor & Advisor at The Blackstone LaunchpadAugust 2016 - Present | Syracuse, NY
The Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University connects the campus innovation ecosystem with a global network that provides support for aspiring entrepreneurs. The LaunchPad is supported through seed funding from the Blackstone Charitable Foundation, and is part of a global network located at 20 universities around the world.
Mentor at Student SandboxJanuary 2010 - Present | Syracuse, NY
The Syracuse Student Sandbox is an incubator that helps aspiring entrepreneurs push their ventures from idea to company.
Co-Founder & CEO at BrandYourself.comJanuary 2009 - Present
Instructor at General AssemblyMay 2013 - January 2017 | New York, NY
Patrick strives to impart his knowledge on other thinkers and creators as a General Assembly Instructor. In this role, Patrick provides GA attendees with education on opportunities in the Online Reputation and tech sphere.
Patrick Ambron's Education:
Syracuse University2005 – 2009Advertising, Psychology
Patrick Ambron's Interests & Activities:
On a personal note, I love the outdoors, comedy, bbq, reading and traveling. I worked in the beer industry in college so I love talking about good beer. I used to be a competitive runner so (like all runners) if you make the mistake of asking me, I'll tell you about my entire career and PRs. I also spent my youth working in restaurants, so if you've done the same, we can swap stories. I'm a big reader (fiction, non-fiction, biographies) and even bigger film buff. I've never seen the Terminator movies